Hello, Operations Leaders!
My name is Dan and I am the CEO at Next Ventures / Blue Tree – a data-driven content marketing agency committed to helping our clients grow. Since 2016, we’ve been building consumer brands and helping SaaS businesses make more moolah with search. As avid product users of most major software products, we realized that search was a black box for most developers and entrepreneurs, one that they were either neglecting or just doing wrong. We built Blue Tree to help SaaS companies crush organic traffic and generate more sales.
We are looking to hire a motivated Head of Operations who has experience in managing the day-to -day operations of a digital marketing agency, as well as making sure that all company goals are being met smoothly. Our ideal candidate is someone who can confidently work in a fast paced, “startup” feel environment. Someone who has a positive, optimistic attitude to “roll with the punches” and take critical feedback without taking it personally.
This is a full-time position.
We are looking for a Head of Operations specifically with these requirements:
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Has at least 3+ years experience in Operations executive/ leadership positions
- Has at least 2+ years experience in a Digital Marketing setting
- Has experience with operational experience in a fast-paced, high-volume client service-led work environment
- Has the ability to develop and enhance effective agency operational systems, metrics, and processes through data
- Must be comfortable dealing with issues ranging from the operational level through to executive strategy, as well as interpersonal challenge
- Has experience dealing with client services: project management and client/vendor relationship
- Has experience building and executing marketing campaigns
- Has experience managing asynchronous teams and culture
- Has great negotiation skills and adaptability
- Data driven (uses current info / data to improve systems/processes in the business for growth)
- Comfortable and experiences being part of overall business growth strategy
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Directly oversee and grow the different business groups (Sales, Marketing, Fulfillment/ops, Finance, Customer success, etc.)
- Work side by side with the founders in implementing operational processes and business strategies that are aligned with the company’s goals
- Identifying and monitoring operations performance with OKR/KPI tracking and establishing corrective measures as needed; prepare detailed reports, both current and forecasting, staff professional development and engagement opportunities and overall operational accountability across the company.
- Develop and implement Standard Operating Procedures and policies that promote positive company culture
- Creating/identifying KPIs with founders/board and strategy/plan for achieving short-term and long-term goals
- Ensuring effective recruiting, onboarding, professional development, performance management, and retention
- Working with outside vendors/partners as needed communicating with and assisting with client onboarding and concerns as needed
- Fully remote and results focused team
- Health coverage
- Work retreats (TBD as company grows)
- Potential option to work within larger portfolio holding co. with significant room for both lateral and upwards mobility
- Available training, resources, and tools
- Potential equity and revenue share in growth of the business
This Position Is Perfect For You If…
You have a Learning and Growth Mindset.
You won’t be expected to know everything from the start, but you’ll need to be motivated and quick to learn new information. You have the ability to acknowledge that everything can always be improved and that you can approach each challenge with a positive ‘can-do attitude.
You’re an Excellent Communicator
You have excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal skills that allow you to explain complex topics in simple ways. You are able to clearly get your point across and get all stakeholders aligned on a common goal.
You’re Dependable and Accountable.
You not only get the job done but also produce great results and consistent work. You are an essential team player in the company as we build a strong working relationship. You always do what’s best for the company and correct mistakes even when no one would notice. You have the ability to motivate yourself and also motivate a team in a positive way to get the results.
You’re a Strategic and Analytical Problem Solver.
You have strong strategic and analytical skills for problem-solving. You have sharp attention to detail and can spot inefficiencies in strategies and find creative solutions based on your analysis.
What we do:
Please check us out to get an understanding of the service we deliver:
Our hiring process is made up of four parts, so please be aware that you will need to dedicate time for a questionnaire, a video, and two 1-on-1 interviews.
Thank you for taking the time to consider this position. I look forward to hearing from you soon!