My name is Sam, and I am the CEO at Ecom CFO. We are a top-rated outsourced CFO and Financial Services firm that helps free founders from the pains that are so often seen in e-commerce. Our passion lies in helping business owners find actionable solutions to these problems.
We are looking to hire a motivated Accountant who will be responsible for ensuring the provision of timely and accurate accounting services across a portfolio of our client companies. You will develop (and bring some of your own) technical expertise, placing you front and center during onboarding new clients, accounting system conversions, and the implementation and integrations of a variety of e-commerce, MRP, ERP, and other SaaS systems.
You will have the opportunity to develop deep and rewarding relationships with high-growth clients in exciting new marketplaces, becoming the client’s ‘go-to’ resource. You will grow into a remote leader accounting professional, empowering them to deliver best-in-class bookkeeping services and financial operations through the application of clearly crafted policies and procedures.
This role is a full-time remote experience.
We are looking for an Accountant specifically with these requirements:
- At least 2+ years of professional experience using NetSuite across multiple clients.
- At least 5+ years of experience in accounting is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- At least 2+ years of experience in eCommerce, manufacturing, or distribution.
- Prior client service experience in an accounting and/or consulting firm.
- Familiarity with inventory accounting processes and best practices.
Nice to Have:
- Expertise with Quickbooks Online and related SaaS integration
- Quickbooks ProAdvisor Certification
- CPA Certification
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- You’ve had experience working at one of the Big Four
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Deliver month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closes for all client accounts and provide their periodic financial statements.
- Oversee and ensure the accurate and timely provision of client accounting operations, including AP, AR, Cash Management, Payroll, Tax, Inventory Control, and general accounting.
- Maintain and execute any necessary periodic accrual or other journal entries required for the management of depreciation, amortization, pre-payments, payroll, taxes, insurance, or other adjustments.
- Follow and support the development of standard operating procedures and policies to ensure accuracy, GAAP compliance, and consistency across our client base.
- Manage and mentor the junior team, supporting their ability to provide best-in-class remote service by providing clear day-to-day operating procedures.
- Liaise with clients to resolve accounting questions and handle ad-hoc queries and requests, ensuring your team has timely access to the information they need.
- Support client onboarding and the implementation and integration of accounting and other CRM, MRP, ERP, and e-commerce marketplace SaaS systems.
- Annual bonuses
- We promote work-life balance
- We have a family-friendly team culture
- Work standard hours in your timezone, with flexibility
- Work directly with clients
- PTO – 15 days during the first year, 20 days afterward
- 6 Paid Holidays
- We offer a budget for external courses and training
- Fully remote role
This Position Is Perfect For You If…
You don’t require constant supervision and can keep yourself on track. You can motivate yourself and lead a team positively to achieve results.
You’re a Problem Solver.
You thrive in a high-growth, early-stage startup environment, where you can adapt to ambiguity and rapidly changing situations.
You’re Highly Organized and Detail-Oriented.
Your organizational skills ensure that you stay on top of tasks. You excel in fast-paced environments, valuing your time as a precious resource. You have a keen eye for details that contribute to the overall success of projects.
You not only consistently show up for work but also consistently produce excellent results. You play an essential role as a team player, contributing to the development of strong working relationships within the company.
What we do:
Please check us out to get an understanding of the service you’ll deliver:
Our hiring process is made up of five parts, so please be aware that you will need to dedicate time to a questionnaire, a video, two 1-on-1 interviews, and a test project.
Thank you for taking the time to consider this position. I look forward to hearing from you soon!