Hello, Operations wizards!
My name is Vincent and I am the CEO at WordAgents – a content creation service that specializes in SEO-optimized
writing at scale. We work primarily with SEO consultants, agencies, affiliates, portfolio owners, and in-house content teams to produce high-quality written text in bulk at wholesale rates.
Our existing team is expansive. Operations management currently includes an Editorial Manager, HR Lead, Project Lead, and Talent Manager. Beyond that, we have a team of 200+ contractors that are responsible for writing and editing our client projects.
We are looking to hire a self-starter Head of Operations who can oversee WordAgents day-to-day operational and administrative functions, with a focus on operationalizing business strategy as defined by the CEO. The Head of Operation’s role is to ensure that the company runs as efficiently as possible, maximizing profit and customer satisfaction while empowering and motivating team members.
This is a full-time remote position.
We are looking for a Head of Operations specifically with these requirements:
- Has excellent and native verbal and written English skills
- 8+ years experience in executive leadership positions
- Master’s degree in business administration or related field
- Good understanding of data analysis and performance metrics (OKRs, KPIs)
- Proactive in identifying what the company needs to meet its goals
- Has the ability to develop and maintain effective operational systems and processes
- Has experience working and managing with content marketing / editorial teams /digital marketing agencies.
- Strong analytical, managerial, communication, and leadership skills
- Solid technical knowledge and comfort level
- Flexibility; must be comfortable dealing with issues ranging from the operational level through to executive strategy, as well as interpersonal challenges
- Ability to diagnose problems quickly and take action quickly to resolve
Your responsibility will include (but not limited to):
- Collaborates with the CEO in setting and driving organizational vision, operational strategy, and hiring needs
- Directly oversees company operations (service delivery), HR, project management, and accounting/finance functions and employee productivity
- Monitors operations performance with OKR/KPI tracking and establishes corrective measures as needed; prepares detailed reports, both current and forecasting
- Develops and maintains Standard Operating Procedures and policies that promote company culture and vision
- Design plans and implements actionable business strategies and plans that ensure alignment with short-term and long-term objectives developed in tandem with the CEO
- Ensures effective recruiting, onboarding, professional development, performance management, and retention
- Implements organization-wide goal setting, performance management, and annual operating planning
- Identify and analyze issues and gaps within the organization; plan and implements improvements
- Ensures adherence to company, federal, state, and local business requirements, enforcing compliance and taking action when necessary
- Understands all of the different parts of a business and how they work together
- Communicates expectations to team members to encourage motivation and compliance
- Empowers team members’ professional growth through coaching and mentoring
- Maintains and builds trusted relationships with key customers, clients, partners, and stakeholders
Nice to have:
- Understanding how editorial /content production teams work at larger organizations.
- Ideal experience would include work with content marketing / editorial teams /digital marketing agencies.
- Work in a remote setup
- Fully productized service. Easy to understand business model. Fewer headaches than traditional agency model.
- The Head of Ops role is fully defined. The right candidate may mold the role into what they see fit best.
- Paid time off & flexible work schedule
- Paid training when necessary
- Experience working with SEO industry leaders
- Exposure to broader digital marketing industry via conferences and events.
- Opportunities for networking and career growth.
- Ongoing education-related management, SEO, digital marketing
- Work side-by-side with founders who have created and sold multiple start-up companies from inception to exit.
This Position Is Perfect For You If…
You’re a Great Leader.
Built on integrity and honesty, you build the best teams, you’re someone the whole team looks up to as a leader & coach. You bring your whole personality to work and are willing to engage on a personal level. You put your whole heart into your work and uplift those around you.
You’re a Self-Starter.
We’re looking for someone who gets the job done and delivers on time. Ideally, you are self-directed, self-motivated, and don’t need someone to look over your shoulder or hold your hand. You have the ability to motivate yourself and also motivate a team in a positive way to get the results.
You’re an Analytical Problem Solver.
You have strong analytical skills and take a data-driven approach to problem-solving. You have sharp attention to detail and can spot inefficiencies in strategies and find creative solutions based on your analysis.
What we do:
Please check us out to get an understanding of the service you’ll deliver:
Our hiring process is made up of four parts, so please be aware that you will need to dedicate time for a questionnaire, a video, and two 1-on-1 interviews.
Thank you for taking the time to consider this position. I look forward to hearing from you soon!