Hello, IT Leaders!
My name is Steven and I am the CEO at My Amazon Guy – a Digital Marketing agency with more than 300 employees and 280 brands managed. We are a team of seasoned Amazon experts that helps brands like yours optimize their listings to succeed on Seller Central. We’ve created a layered strategy using proven tactics to manage your PPC, SEO, and catalogs — so you can stop worrying about Amazon and start focusing on your business.
We are looking to hire a motivated, VP of Information Technology who can confidently team build a fast growing wannabe SaaS company who is currently an agency for consumer goods. We need someone who can provide direction and leadership to the company’s IT team as well as maintain and develop the company’s IT systems and support and infrastructure systems.
This is a full-time remote position.
We are looking for a VP of Information Technology specifically with these requirements:
- Native English or close to a native speaker with an American accent.
- Has at least 3+ years of professional IT experience
- Extensive Management/Team leadership experience
- A Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information technology, or software engineering is preferred.
- Knowledge in programs such as this is valuable: 1Password, Google Workspace, Slack, HubSpot, Airtable, Asana, Harvest, DigitalOcean, WordPress, Jotform, Zapier, PythonAnywhere, APIs, and JSON
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for the design, development, and implementation of organizational information systems, software applications, and IT support and infrastructure systems.
- Direct and manage IT plans, schedules, policies, and programs for the company’s data processing, network communications, business operations, computer services, and management information systems, according to the company’s goals and objectives.
- Lead technology planning and drive the implementation of development best practices throughout the company.
- Risk management, resource allocation, project prioritization, and research and recommendation of new systems and software products and services.
- Identify emerging software to be analyzed, assimilated, and integrated within the company.
- Oversee the development of in-house software post-launch to support the company’s long-term goals.
- Keep the systems online and constantly upgrading.
- Provide direction and leadership to the IT Department’s team of 12 going on 20. Recruit and build the IT Team up.
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited PTO
- 7 paid company holidays
- 401k with up to 4% match
- Health Benefits (after 90 days of employment)
This Position Is Perfect For You If…
You’re a Self-Starter.
We’re looking for someone who gets the job done and delivers on time. Ideally, you are self-directed, self-motivated, and don’t need someone to look over your shoulder or hold your hand. You have the ability to motivate yourself and also motivate a team in a positive way to get the results.
You have a Learning and Growth Mindset.
You won’t be expected to know everything from the start, but you’ll need to be motivated and quick to learn new information. You have the ability to acknowledge that everything can always be improved and that you can approach each challenge with a positive ‘can-do attitude.
You are Tech Savvy.
You have an amazing understanding of modern technology, technical concepts, and knowing how to apply them in different contexts. You also have great skills in different programming platforms, languages, and libraries to create a wonderful and effective output.
What we do:
Please check us out to get an understanding of the service you’ll deliver:
Our hiring process is made up of four parts, so please be aware that you will need to dedicate time to a questionnaire, a Culture Index Applicant Survey, a video, and two 1-on-1 interviews.
Thank you for taking the time to consider this position. I look forward to hearing from you soon!