Hello, Project Managers!
My name is Deborah and I am the COO at Leaders Press , which was founded in 2017 to meet the publishing needs of business leaders and entrepreneurs by providing premium book-writing and publication services. We are a USA Today and Wall Street Journal best-selling press and an official Forbes Business Council member. We help leaders create outstanding business books – from memoirs that secure a company legacy to fine-tuned lead generation tools – with no writing required.
We are looking to hire a highly motivated and detail-oriented Project Manager who will work closely with our authors to build a rapport, organize their project, interview them for the content, and shepherd the whole book through to publication. We need someone who can embody our core values which are: taking ownership of your role, being efficient, persistent, respectful, communicative, honest, and loyal.
This is a part-time role with the potential to grow into a full-time position within 2-3 months.
We are looking for a Project Manager specifically with these requirements:
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Has at least 2+ years of experience in Project Management
- Has at least 2+ years experience working in a publishing company
- Has strong project management and client communication skills
- Has experience in organizing book structure (for publication)
- Has experience in publishing operations, evaluating manuscripts, and transcriptions
- Familiar with G-Suite, Microsoft, Zoom, Calendly, Everhour, Asana, Clickup, and Adobe Reader
- Knowledgeable on how to compose a good book and developing questions for the client
- Experience creating and refining efficient systems of doing things, both on a personal and company-wide level
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Serving as the client’s primary point of contact with Leaders Press, making professionalism, follow-through, and punctuality critical qualities for the role
- Keeping track of all scheduled calls, submitting completed call recordings for transcription, reviewing transcripts, and keeping a project board for the project updated, all in a comprehensive and timely manner
- Serving as an interviewer, to collate and summarize information for use in the production of features and anthologies
- Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer, Publishing for Leaders Press
- Creating the foundation of the books published by Leaders Press by the formed questions of the PM
- Staying in regular communication with the ghostwriter, making sure they have everything that they need from the client
- Responsible for submitting the recorded audio for transcription, then reviewing the completed transcript for errors before passing it along to the ghostwriter
- Composing a good book and will be responsible for collaborating on an outline for the book, developing question sets based on that outline, sending those question sets to the client 3-5 business days in advance, and scheduling all interviews with the client
- Reading the manuscript in progress and offering developmental feedback
- Fully remote work opportunity
- Work independently with your own schedule
- Potential to grow into a senior role
- We are a fast-growing company with plenty of room for advancement
This Position Is Perfect For You If…
You’re an Excellent Communicator.
You have excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal skills that allow you to explain complex topics in simple ways. You are able to clearly get your point across and get all stakeholders aligned on a common goal.
You’re super organized.
You are organized enough to make sure that you’re on top of everything. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced role, where your time is your most valuable asset.
You’re Solutions- and Goal-Oriented.
You thrive in ambiguity and can be autonomous in determining solutions. You are a creative thinker who can innovate and ideate a clear vision to achieve your company’s goals while still being knowledgeable of established processes.
You are Detail-Oriented.
You have sharp attention to detail and can spot inefficiencies in your process and strategies and find creative solutions based on your analysis.
What we do:
Please check us out to get an understanding of the service you’ll deliver:
Our hiring process is made up of four parts, so please be aware that you will need to dedicate time for a questionnaire (5 mins), a video (5-7 mins), and two 1-on-1 interviews.
Thank you for taking the time to consider this position. I look forward to hearing from you soon!