Hello, Ecommerce Business Analysts!
My name is Jin and I am the Co-Founder of Coop Home Goods – an eCommerce store that sells innovative adjustable sleep products that cater to each individual’s unique size, shape, and sleep position. We are Consumer Report’s top-rated pillow for 3 years running. We love innovation, have recently taken on investment, brought on a CEO, and are shooting for the moon. We started on Amazon, and are very excited for growth on our DTC channel.
We are looking to hire a motivated Ecommerce Business Analyst who is passionate and incredibly analytical to support our business and strategic planning across eCommerce, marketing, product merchandising, and financial planning. The work will include structured (and creative) data analysis, forecasting, planning, reporting, and communications. We need someone who is confident to be in the weeds with the data to provide sound decisions for the company’s growth.
This is a full-time remote position.
We are looking for an Ecommerce Business Analyst specifically with these requirements:
- Excellent English writing and communication skills
- BS Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years of experience in an Accounting or Finance role
- Experience with NetSuite preferred
- Experience with Quickbooks a plus
- Expert-level Excel skills are a must
- Strong communication, analytical, critical thinking, and presentation skills
- Must have a high degree of accuracy with strong attention to detail
- Well-organized with an ability to manage multiple projects with strict deadlines
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Update financial forecast quarterly (or more frequently as required) and provide an analytical review, feedback, and recommendations in support of operational objectives
- Assist in the development and implementation of fiscal year plans and forecasts
- Support a departmental forecast and budget process
- Prepare weekly sales flash.
- Prepare certain month-end close journal entries and ensure expenses are posted accurately to the P&L
- Analyze and provide commentary on budget/forecast to actual variances
- Research cost variances, analyze data for trends, and provide recommendations
- Conduct in-depth research of historical financial data, analyze and report on how it compares to current financial status
- Prepare 13-week rolling cash flow forecasts
- Assist with the development of budgeting, financial forecasting, and modeling tools for decision-making purposes
- Continuous improvements and updating of financial models
- Develop financial and operational models to support improvements and changes in processes
- Work closely with the operations team to ensure operational changes are represented in financial updates
- Review, track and analyze invoices and manage coding to ensure accuracy
- Assist departments with financial guidance
- Ensure financial duties, processes and reporting adhere to guidelines
- Validate all payroll and interim agency reports are accurate and reconcile invoices
- Coordinate with the operations team to ensure labor working hours and transfer hours are reported correctly in the weekly labor report.
- Standard vacation/PTOs
- Performance-based bonus program
- Work with a remote time and flexible time schedule
- Work closely with the CEO and CFO of the company
This Position Is Perfect For You If…
You’re Motivated and a Self-Starter.
We’re looking for someone who gets the job done and delivers on time. Ideally, you are self-directed, self-motivated, and don’t need someone to look over your shoulder or hold your hand. You have the ability to motivate yourself and also motivate a team in a positive way to get the results.
You’re an Analytical Problem Solver.
You have strong analytical skills and take a data-driven approach to problem-solving. You have sharp attention to detail and can spot inefficiencies in strategies and find creative solutions based on your analysis.
You have a Learning and Growth Mindset.
You won’t be expected to know everything from the start, but you’ll need to be motivated and quick to learn new information. You have the ability to acknowledge that everything can always be improved and that you can approach each challenge with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
What we do:
Please check us out to get an understanding of the service we deliver:
Our hiring process is made up of four parts, so please be aware that you will need to dedicate time for a questionnaire, a video, and two 1-on-1 interviews.
Thank you for taking the time to consider this position. I look forward to hearing from you soon!